Malpractice & Business Insurance for Eye Care Professionals
The Optometric Protector Plan provides a full array of professional liability insurance coverages designed to meet your individual insurance needs.
The Optometric Protective Plan is pleased to have teamed up with Medical Protective to provide a professional liability policy specifically designed to meet the needs of eye care professionals.
Offering Specialized Insurance Coverage for Eye Care Professionals
- Optometrists and their staff
- Lasik Centers and Ophthalmologists
- Opticians and Ophthalmic Technicians
- Students and Externships
You should consider general liability insurance if you or your employees:
- have clients visit your place of work or you visit a client’s place of work.
- use third-party locations for any business related activities.
- are required to have general liability insurance before entering into a contract.
- speak or write about a client’s business.
- Meets contract requirements for major chain outlets
- Separate occurrence limit of liability equal to the professional liability limits
- Incidental Contractual liability
- Advertising Injury / Personal Injury
- Products & Completed Operations
- Medical Expenses
- Host Liquor Liability
The Office Insurance Program provides protection specifically designed for Medical Offices, combining broad property, which includes coverage for your building and contents.
- Valuable Papers & Records Coverage: for the cost to restore information from documents, such as paper medical records.
- Money & Securities Coverage: protection against the theft of money paid by patients.
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage: protection against covered cost of repairs and loss of business income resulting from damage to equipment.
- Business Income and Extra Expense Coverage: protects you against loss of income for up to 12 months, and can pay the cost of necessary extra expenses to keep you in business.
According to the EEOC, the number of workplace discrimination charges increased 15% in 2008, with the largest increases in retaliation and age-based claims. As an employer you face the risk of legal action from your current, past^ or prospective employees.
Workers’ Compensation coverage provides a comprehensive return to work program, to help get your employees back to work quickly and safely, as well as risk management tools to help you identify trends, manage claims and comply with regulatory requirements.
Alarming statistics about flood waters, business interruption and business closures has prompted OPP to offer vital flood insurance protection to insureds (clients).
3 alarming statistics that every business owner should know
- Almost 40% of small businesses never reopen their doors after a flood disaster.
- Floods happen everywhere. 25% of all flood damage occurs in low-moderate flood risk areas. Business owners should not rely on a line on a flood map for protection.
- Most business insurance policies exclude flood damage. Only flood insurance pays qualified claims quickly so a business owner can get back to business.
(HIPAA) Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
(HITECH) Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health
The new HIPAA HITECH rule enacted by the US Department of Health and Human Services in January 2013, greatly enhances a patient’s privacy rights and strengthens the ability to enforce the HIPAA privacy and security protections, regardless if the information is being held by a health plan, a health care provider or one of their business associates. Penalties have increased for noncompliance based on the level of negligence with a maximum penalty of $1.5 million per violation.
A disabling injury or accident can happen without warning, and in a moment all of your dreams and hard work can be at risk. Individual disability income insurance is designed to protect you from financial hardship in the event that a long-term disability prevents you from earning your usual income. This valuable coverage provides monthly cash benefits to help you pay bills during the time you are disabled.
If you were disabled and unable to work, how would you take care of your business, pay for your employees salaries, your mortgage or rent, taxes or loans?
We are dedicated to providing our consumers with the most accurate and up to date information regarding Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance. We hope that you find this website useful in your research regarding long term care insurance and the benefits offered to you. Please request a free quotation from a licensed agent in your state. This specialist will provide you with A rated carrier pricing! Request a Long Term Care Insurance Quote!